It’s here, Chris Tomlin fans! The gospel singer’s new album, Chris Tomlin & Friends, featuring Thomas Rhett, Lady A, Brett Young, Russell Dickerson and more, is out. The record includes the current single, “Who You Are to Me,” with Lady A, which is currently in the Top 5.
“I have always felt a calling to help give people a voice to worship God, and for me this record is a step towards breaking down walls and smashing up the genres,” Chris told Everything Nash. “One of my goals is for this music to be accessible to a wider audience and to connect with people that otherwise may have turned away from some of my other music. The way I look at it, music about faith, God, salvation and forgiveness doesn’t only have to come from any one genre.”
“Everyone brought their own unique experiences and talents to the table and it’s what made the songs and their message so relatable and powerful,” Chris said in a statement his new record. “One of my personal hopes for this album is to take a step towards bridging Christian music and all other genres. I believe themes about faith and God are relevant and needed regardless of the style of music or streaming platform genre classification. Since I was young, I have felt a calling on my life to help give people a voice
to worship God.
“I want people to have the opportunity to worship every day of the week not just on Sundays; while they are in their car, at work, running, or just listening to whatever shows up on their playlist,” he continued. “For me, this record is a step towards breaking down the walls of the Christian genre and allowing the music to be accessible to a wider audience. That’s my understanding of the Gospel. Music about faith, God, salvation and forgiveness doesn’t belong to anyone’s genre…it’s for the whole world.”
Chris had no idea when he started working on Chris Tomlin & Friends how well it would be received by the country artists he reached out to.
“One of the things that was surprising to me was how many of these artists were inspired and influenced by worship music at an early age,” Chris previously told Billboard. “Interestingly enough, growing up as a kid from Texas, I was inspired and influenced by country music. My dad gave me my first guitar when I was nine years old and he taught me my first song, Willie Nelson’s ‘Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain.’ It is just amazing how we all have different paths and platforms but have all met together for this project to bring glory to God.”
Chris Tomlin & Friends Track Listing:
1. “Thank You Lord” (Intro)
2. “Thank You Lord” feat. Florida Georgia Line & Thomas Rhett (Chris Tomlin, Thomas Rhett,
Tyler Hubbard, Corey Crowder, David Garcia)
3. “Reaching For You” feat. We The Kingdom (Chris Tomlin, Shay Mooney, Ed Cash)
4. “Who You Are To Me” feat. Lady A (Chris Tomlin, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Dave Haywood)
5. “God Who Listens” feat. Thomas Rhett (Chris Tomlin, Thomas Rhett, Ashley Gorley, David Garcia)
6. “Power” feat. Bear Rinehart of NEEDTOBREATHE (Chris Tomlin, Pat Barrett, Ed Cash)
7. “Be The Moon” feat. Brett Young & Cassadee Pope (Chris Tomlin, Corey Crowder, Tyler Hubbard)
8. “Sing” feat. Russell Dickerson & Florida Georgia Line ((Chris Tomlin, Corey Crowder,
Brian Kelley, Tyler Hubbard, Cary Barlowe)
9. “Chase Me Down” feat. RaeLynn (Racheal Lynn David, Josh Kerr, Hannah Ellis)
10. “Gifts From God” feat. Chris Lane (Chris Tomlin, Corey Crowder, Tyler Hubbard)
11. “Forever Home” feat. Florida Georgia Line ((Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Ashley Gorley,
12. “Together” feat. Russell Dickerson (Chris Tomlin, Brian Kelley, Tyler Hubbard,
Russell Dickerson, Corey Crowder)
13. “Tin Roof” feat. Blessing Offor (Blessing Offor, Natalie Hemby)