Travis Tritt fans are in luck! The country music icon just announced the release of a new album, Set in Stone, marking his first full-length record of original material in ten years. The 11-track project is being produced by Dave Cobb, and includes eight songs penned by Tritt. The debut single, “Smoke in a Bar,” will be released on March 5.
Tritt’s debut single, “Country Club,” was released in 1989. The song, which was the title track of Tritt’s freshman album, kicked off a string of hits for the Georgia native, including “I’m Gonna Be Somebody,” “T-R-O-U-B-L-E,” “Foolish Pride,” and more. His single “It’s a Great Day to Be Alive,” was used last year by NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy, while in space.
“This is the closest I will ever get to actually being in space,” Tritt wrote on social media. “I’m very honored to have my music being played on the International Space Station! Thanks so much!”
This is the closest I will ever get to actually being in space. I’m very honored to have my music being played on the International Space Station! Thanks so much! https://t.co/jA6J3FkJOA
— Travis Tritt (@Travistritt) August 5, 2020
See a track list for Set in Stone below. The record will be released on May 7, and is currently available for pre-order here.
Set in Stone Track List:
1. “Stand Your Ground” (Travis Tritt, Wayne B. Durrett III, Channing Wilson)
2. “Set In Stone” (Travis Tritt, Brent Cobb, Adam Hood)
3. “Ghost Town Nation”(Aaron Raitiere, JB Strauss)
4. “Smoke In A Bar” (Jeremy Bussey, Derek George, Tim Montana)
5. “Leave This World” (Travis Tritt, Ashley Monroe)
6. “They Don’t Make Em’ Like That No More (Travis Tritt, Matthew Dillon Carmichael)
7. “Better Off Dead” (Travis Tritt, Adam Hood)
8. “Southern Man” (Travis Tritt, Channing Wilson)
9. “Open Line” (Travis Tritt, Brent Cobb)
10. “Ain’t Who I Was” (Brent Cobb, Adam Hood)
11. “Way Down In Georgia” (Travis Tritt, Dennis Anthony Robbins, Troy Seals)