Nashville is quickly becoming known as one of the best places in the world to visit for food lovers. Gone are the days when the city is best known for its Meat and Threes –– although those are still easily found. Instead, Music City has become a landing spot for some of the most eclectic and diverse, not to mention delicious, food anywhere.
While Nashville boasts some of the most talented chefs across the globe, including some who might continue putting out unbelievable meals without any recognition, we’ve listed five of the restaurants below whose chefs were named a James Beard Semi-Finalist this year. Of course, due to COVID-19, check each website before making plans to visit.
(We’ve also compiled a pretty extensive list of restaurants, sorted by neighborhood, on our home page.)
1. Rising Star Chef of the Year: Will Aghajanian and Liz Johnson, The Catbird Seat*
2. Best Chef, Southeast: Josh Habiger, Bastion
3. Best Chef, Southeast: Philip Krajeck, FOLK
4. Best Chef, Southeast: Julia Sullivan, Henrietta Red.*
5. Best Chef, Southeast: Vivek Surti, Tailor
*Also named a finalist.