Gary Allan is celebrating the release of his upcoming album, Ruthless, in a big way. The 53-year-old will perform a free, one-hour show at Assembly Hall, part of the new Nashville hotspot, Fifth + Broadway. Attendees will also get to try his new WEED Cellars whiskey brand, which is available at the venue, and was also featured in the video for his debut single from the project, “Waste of a Whiskey Drink.”
“Ruthless is my first album in eight years and I cannot think of a better way to celebrate than playing on Lower Broad on release day,” Allan says. “It feels great to be playing live shows again and to have new music makes it even more special. I’m excited for fans to be able to get their hands on the new music and celebrate the release with me at the show.”
Allan’s Ruthless is his first new set of songs since Set You Free was released in 2013.
“This is a montage of everything I have done since my last album,” Allan says of his new set of tunes. “It’s what I love. I remain influenced by the ‘90s — as well as by the ‘80s. Twenty-six tracks were cut for this album. Then I went back to the studio and recorded three or four more tracks. Then I returned for two more. From each of these many sessions, I stripped out the cool stuff that I wanted on the record.”
Allan’s show will take place at 8:00 PM CT. More information can be found here.
See a track list for Ruthless below, and pre-order the album at GaryAllan.com.
Ruthless Track Listing:
1. Temptation (Written by Nicolle Galyon, Chase McGill and Jon Nite)
2. Waste Of A Whiskey Drink (Written by Josh Kear, Michael Hardy and Mark Holman)
3. Till It Felt Like You* (Written by Kyle Jacobs, Joe Leathers and Matt Warren)
4. Slide (Written by Ross Ellis, Alex Kline and Michael Whitworth)
5. Pretty Damn Close* (Written by Gary Allan, Sarah Buxton, Rodney Clawson and Matt Warren)
6. High As I’ve Ever Been* (Written by Matt Warren, James Slater and Skip Black)
7. What I Can’t Talk About* (Written by Jim Beavers, Lindsay Rimes and Matt Rogers)
8. SEX (Written by Nicolle Galyon, Shane McAnally and Matt Jenkins)
9. Trouble Knows Trouble (Written by Steve Bogard, Jason Sever and John Edwards)
10. Ruthless (Written by Hillary Lindsey, busbee and Ryan Hurd)
11. Unfiltered** (Written by Blair Daly, Brad Warren and Brett Warren)
12. Little Glass Of Wine* (Written by Jesse Winchester)
13. The Hard Way* (Written by Matt Warren and Carey Ott)
Produced by Mark Wright and Tony Brown
*Produced by Gary Allan and Greg Droman
**Produced by Jay Joyce