Blake Shelton‘s long-awaited Body Language Deluxe album is out! The 16-track record includes his current single, “Come Back As A Country Boy,” along with collaborations with Brooks & Dunn, HARDY, the Swon Brothers and his own wife, Gwen Stefani.
“We wanted to release this deluxe album because some songs came in at a point in time where I wasn’t ready to make a new album, but I wanted to get these songs out there, so that’s what we decided to do,” Shelton says. “You guys go check it out; we’re very proud of this thing.”
Shelton spoke out about the new project on social media as well.
It’s here y’all!!! #BodyLanguage (Deluxe).. or what I like to call the remodeled version.. is available NOW!!! Really proud of how this album came together. What’s your favorite song off the record? https://t.co/YGZiS4KeQV pic.twitter.com/uiwCUvxays
— Blake Shelton (@blakeshelton) December 3, 2021
The Oklahoma native also included “We Can Reach the Stars,” the song he used as his vows to Stefani on their wedding day, on Body Language Deluxe.
“Gwen and I decided we were going to write our own vows for the wedding, but I decided to surprise her by writing a song instead,” Shelton says of “We Can Reach the Stars.” “I reached out to my buddy Craig Wiseman, who is a world-class songwriter, to help me write and structure something that would stand the test of time. I’m really proud of ‘We Can Reach The Stars’ and I’m really honored to be with her. That’s why we got married in the first place. That’s why we wear rings… because we want everyone to know. I’m thrilled to share this song with the world.”
Body Language Deluxe follows the original Body Language, which was released in May.
“We’ve been working on this album on and off for two years now, and I’m very proud of what we have put together,” Shelton previously explained. “We certainly had some unique challenges with the pandemic, but we also had a lot of fun. We explored new sounds while making sure to get in some classic country. I’m also thrilled to have my buddies The Swon Brothers featured on the title track as both co-writers and vocalists. Can’t wait for y’all to hear it!”
See a track list for Body Language Deluxe below. Purchase the album here.
Body Language Deluxe Track List:
1. Come Back As A Country Boy (Michael Hardy, Josh Thompson, Jordan Schmidt)
2. Fire Up The Night (feat. HARDY) (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brian Kelley, Bart Butler)
3. Minimum Wage (Nicolle Galyon, Jesse Frasure, Corey Crowder)
4. Body Language (feat. The Swon Brothers) (Colton Swon, Zach Swon, Matt McGinn, Ryan Beaver)
5. Happy Anywhere (feat. Gwen Stefani) (Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne, Matt Jenkins)
6. Now I Don’t (Jessi Alexander, Alysa Vanderheym, Michael Hardy)
7. Monday Mornin’ Missin’ You (Jessi Alexander, Deric Ruttan, Josh Thompson)
8. Corn (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem, Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawon)
9. Makin’ It Up As You Go (Brad Tursi, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
10. Whatcha Doin’ Tomorrow (Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Casey Beathard)
11. The Girl Can’t Help It (Ben Hayslip, Josh Osborne, Mark Holman)
12. The Flow (Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)
13. Neon Time (Jaron Boyer, Michael Tyler, Ben West)
14. Bible Verses (Joe Fox, Andrew Peebles, Brett Sheroky)
15. Throw It On Back (feat. Brooks & Dunn) (Bobby Pinson, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins)
16. We Can Reach The Stars (Blake Shelton, Craig Wiseman)